Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - Can I use Activity Zones and a Schedule?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
VictorDelta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've finally managed to get the Activity Zones working on my Arlo Q by creating a custom mode, but cannot find a way of combining this with a schedule so that the camera will only be active at night. Is there a way to do it please (without, say, using an external time-switch!).

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VictorDelta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat, many thanks for your reply. I can now see how to link a mode to the schedule. Previously I hadn't been able to select an Activity zone and the system was responding to movement anywhere in the picture - a problem that others had posted threads about on this forum, and suggested using a custom zone as a solution. I now see how to select an activity zone in the armed mode. (Perhaps a software update has recently made this easier, because I couldn't find it before!)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The schedule simply uses your mode(s) so they can be automatically switched. Dunno why you needed a custom mode to get the zones working but that's neither here nor there. What you need to do is just add your custom mode for the time period you want it active. For 10PM to 6AM, add the mode for 12:00AM to 6:00AM and again from 1:00PM to 11:59PM for whatever days you want.

VictorDelta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat, many thanks for your reply. I can now see how to link a mode to the schedule. Previously I hadn't been able to select an Activity zone and the system was responding to movement anywhere in the picture - a problem that others had posted threads about on this forum, and suggested using a custom zone as a solution. I now see how to select an activity zone in the armed mode. (Perhaps a software update has recently made this easier, because I couldn't find it before!)