Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fritzbox router allocates address to Arlo Q camera but it's not discoverable. Slowly flashes blue.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Armaghk
Follower
Follower

I have repeatedly tried to setup my new Arlo Q camera, firstly by phone App and the on PC using Chrome.. The Fritzbox router finds the device and allocates it an IP address on the 2.4GHz band on  wireless with a signal strength of -27dBm. This I have viewed on my router.

However every time i set uo the camera I end up with the message 

"Discovery Failed
Sorry!
We were unable to find your Arlo Q."
The camera slowly flashes blue which is supposed indicate that the camera is connecting to a WiFi network. It is connected and with an IP address.
Where is the problem. I thought these cameras were supposed to be uniquely easy to set up!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They can be but it also depends on your local environment. First, try holding the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber. Let it reboot and try again. Make sure you're not using a VPN. Make sure you're on your own WiFi. Try the web client to see if that works. Router settings can make a difference, too so check any settings that can be an issue. Try rebooting the router.