Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Cameras go offline and won't read QR code

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
azvalt
Tutor
Tutor

I have two Arlo Q cameras. Model VMC3040.. I bought them at the same time. They were sold together. I've had them for almost a year now. The cameras go offline (if that's what you want to call it) at times.. They never do this at the same time. It's usually just one camera and all I have to do is either hold the sync button in or I have to delete the camera from my account and add it back. by having it read the QR code. It's happened about 4 different times. I ALWAYS use my computer to set it back up. That's annoying to me because I don't know why one camera will suddenly quit working and the other camera works just fine. This time is different. none of the things I've done before are working. I have deleted the camera from my account and tried to add it back. I am using my computer with the chrome browser. The camera WILL NOT read the QR code. I've tried reading all of the community help posts. Our internet has not changed. nor has not gone offline I am typing the correct internet password. I've unplugged it and plugged it back in. I've used different outlets. I've tried my phone instead of my computer. I've printed the QR code out on paper. This is no longer annoying, but frustrating. It's ridiculous that most of the Arlo community has the same issue of the camera not reading the QR code. This is a huge design flaw by Arlo. I'm about to trash it, go with another brand and let everyone know not to buy ARLO.! What are you recommendations?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you open a case with support yet? You have a warranty, use it.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

azvalt
Tutor
Tutor

Yep. Even tried to do a "live chat" but when I enter all my info into their fileds, the site (Arlo) takes me to a completely blank web page ((sigh)). Can't even talk live to someone. Such poor customer service. I've wasted so many hours...

azvalt
Tutor
Tutor

Just talked to someone on the phone and they created a case # because the camera that I have that is not even a year old  (purchased at Best Buy) is out of her scope of technical assistance. She said someone will call me back. Another person did call me back, we went through the exact same troubleshooting senarios I've been trying to do all day long. Arlo is sending me a replacement camera. Which I think is great, but this is a big design flaw of the camera. I can only assume others are having the same issues. I wonder if the new camera will do the same thing. Also, I hope my second camera doesn't do this, too. 

azvalt
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your help.