Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
albepharmer
Initiate
Initiate

I subscribed to the CVR plan for one of my Arlo Q cameras. Ever since then, the video buffers for a extremely long time to a point where I don't even know if the camera is working. Before subscribing to the CVR plan, I had no problem viewing my camera with little to almost no buffering time. I've verified that my upload and download speeds are ~100MBps.  What can I do to fix this problem?

I was also wondering, the CVR doesn't seem to be continuous in my opinion. Because it seems like when there is no motion or sound, the camera stop recording. I thought it was 1 continuous stream that is recorded.

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
bTaryag
Tutor
Tutor

I had this problem as well. After upgrading to CVR, Live view doesn't work. I solved this by changing the vidoe quality to 480p. Anything higher than this and it didn't work.

This is a band-aid, but at least it works.

However, the other issue I'm having with CVR still has not been resolved - often there is no audio!!!! See this thread  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Q/Horrible-Arlo-Q-stops-CVR-audio-rec-amp-ARLO-Support-says-LI...

I wonder if these two issues are related....

GrandPop
Star
Star

We ended buying a timer on Ebay for $11.88, and setting it to cut power to the camera for 1 minute, abour 6 times a days. This seems to work fine, and the camera appears live when we check it, and cvs works also. Yes we spent $12 to fix the problem, OH WELL. Here is the timer we bought on ebay => Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Electric Programmable Timer Dual Outlet Switch , you can search it by copying and pasting. Pick the USA seller, get it to your home in a few days, not too hard to program, the timer is electrinoc, so it does not grind away like the "turn on/off" timers of yesterday

ensanguined
Apprentice
Apprentice

---

I have been having this issue for the longest time. Purchasing the Arlo has been one of the worst decisions of my life, let alone the CVR subscription. I will be letting all friends and family know of this problem and will post reviews elsewhere. 

Stay away from Arlo. 

---

Amen ArashGee! AMEN!

islandboylp
Star
Star

@JamesC Any updates from engineering on the CVR problems?  I'd like to give it another shot, but haven't seen any proactive updates in a while.

Thanks.

GrandPop
Star
Star

BUY A TIMER TO CUT POWER TO THE CAMERA FOR 1 MINUTE MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY... PROBLEM SOLVED, CAMERA AND CVR WORKS GREAT.  FROM A PRIOR POST WE MADE =>  We ended buying a timer on Ebay for $11.88, and setting it to cut power to the camera for 1 minute, abour 6 times a days. This seems to work fine, and the camera appears live when we check it, and cvs works also. Yes we spent $12 to fix the problem, OH WELL. Here is the timer we bought on ebay => Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Electric Programmable Timer Dual Outlet Switch , you can search it by copying and pasting. Pick the USA seller, get it to your home in a few days, not too hard to program, the timer is electrin, so it does not grind away like the "turn on/off" timers of yesterday

islandboylp
Star
Star

@GrandPopThank you for the suggestion.  I did see that work around described in your previous post; however, I feel that the Arlo team should address the root cause (buffering issues) before customers pay to use the CVR service.

If I do subscribe to CVR in the future & there is no official fix, I will be sure to keep your work around in mind.

Thank you.

Patk81
Tutor
Tutor
Agreed. I noticed that the latest Android app update mentions something about bug fixes to the CVR feature. Can anyone confirm that the issue has been resolved?

I am interested in continuing the service but am not willing to spend any more money to find out. I feel that I paid last time for something that didn't work as advertised but decided not to press for refunds since I at least got a pro-rated amount back.

Thank you to the previous poster regarding the bandaid fix but I agree with islandboylp. It should be addressed by Netgear. All owners shouldn't be expected to by a separate timer.
Arjay1273
Initiate
Initiate
save your money, it's still crap
ensanguined
Apprentice
Apprentice

I couldn't agree more!