Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Android App seems to timeout

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jrdoming
Guide
Guide

I recently bought the Arlo Q to use as a Baby monitor (wanted to be able to use for another purpose after the baby is old enough and wasn't sold on the other features of the Arlo Baby for $100 more). The issue I'm having is that we like to leave our Nexus 7 tablet up at night with the monitor running (previously used a Foscam with TinyCam app until it died) and so far in the two nights we have tried this we have woken up to the tablet screen being black as if the application timed out. Am I missing a setting or something that will allow me to have the application running indefintely?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The black out could be a condition ( timed - out ) of your device ( check settings and change to always on ) or the time out may be from the app.

There have been changes over the last two years re timeout and the Q cameras... maybe others will speak up

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jrdoming
Guide
Guide
I looked for any settings relating to always on and timeouts and wasn't able to find anything. Unfortunately now we seem to have a bigger issue where the camera loses connection and we cannot view it randomly. This doesn't really work for our use case so I will probably have to return it. Will contact support just in case there is something they can do but unfortunately I need something reliable fast so I don't have a lot of time for extended troubleshooting.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jrdoming,

Arlo Q is not designed for continuous live streaming. After being idle for too long, the stream will time out as designed.

The camera losing connection could be due to poor signal strength or interference. What does the camera signal strength icon show?

You might take a look at the recently released Arlo Baby if you're looking for a baby monitor with constant live streaming capability: http://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-baby/default.aspx

JamesC