Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q not recording all motion/sound

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Baiyunchan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've had my camera for about 2 weeks and I have the basic plan. I noticed for the first week and a half or so it would record any motion or sound happening in 15 second increments probably about 15 seconds apart from each other so I was getting 2 clips a minute every minute well there was motion or sound happening. Like the first 15 secs of a minute then stop for 15 seconds and then itd start again at 30 secs into a minute for 15 secs of recording and then stop again for 15 secs... Ect... I'd come home from a day at work and have a 100 clips @ 15 seconds but I could see basically everything throughout the day without the 24/7 recording so I didn't mind the overload of clips to review at the end of the day.

I'm noticing today in my library anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes of nothing being recorded when clearly there is movement and sound going on. So it'll record the 15 second clip of someone in the living room and then skip minutes till another clip is taken, however, there was movement and sound occurring between the first clip and then next clip so there should be at LEAST one 15 second recording per minute since movement or sound was occurring. (though it has been recording TWO, not one, 15 second clips with in 60 seconds up until the last day or so as previously mentioned) I havent made any changes to the settings. Is it possible a roommate is interfering with my WiFi though nobody else has access to the camera or app so they can stop the recording or the signal? Or is this typical after just two weeks of use to just skip minutes of movement or sound when it should be recording? Is there a way to trigger the camera to be ultra sensitive to motion and sound because if there's a way to do that maybe that has something to do with my issue.... Or is anyone else experiencing this? Its really pissing me off since the 14 day return policy from best buy where I purchased it is now over and I'm stuck with it, so if you have advice on how to fix this I'd so love to hear all about it. Thank you so much!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Baiyunchan,

You could try increasing the camera motion/audio sensitivity. Take a look here for more information on how to adjust camera sensitivity: 

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

How do I change the audio sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Baiyunchan,

You could try increasing the camera motion/audio sensitivity. Take a look here for more information on how to adjust camera sensitivity: 

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

How do I change the audio sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

Baiyunchan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you!!