• 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
DTSpam
Initiate
Initiate

Have tried two modems: DSL and cable

Have tried two bands: 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz

Have confirmed SSID and PW are accurate (yes including caps)

Have ensured MAC address is in router list (using MAC on end of box)

Have reset multiple times

The camera seemingliy connects to wireless router as I see it in the MAC addreess list and it is identified as arloq.

Right now this is an elegant paperweight with a blinking light.  On edge of returning to Amazon with accompanying review.

Hoping someone has additional troubleshooting steps.

D

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be faulty in which case a swap with Amazon could be in order. First, however, I'd try using the reset button to factory reset the camera. BTW, are there any special characters in the SSID? That's a known issue.

DTSpam
Initiate
Initiate

1)  Have already reset multiple times as noted in original post

2) Not unless you consider letters and numbers as special

I'm begnining to wonder if the issue might actually be in Netgear's cloud instead of locally.  Either way it's a poor experience.

Thanks.

Jimfr
Guide
Guide

I'd also try temporarily disabling MAC ID filtering on your router.  

Also, what's the brand/model of your router?

GABRIELL
Guide
Guide

Hi, DTSpam, 

Before performing any troubleshooting steps, please reset the Arlo Q and use a different device.

To reset the Arlo:
press and hold the reset hole using a paper clip for 10 seconds while the device is plugged in.

Wait for the Camera LED to be Slow blinking Amber (powered on and is ready for set up).

1. Access Arlo.Netgear.com
2. Select New System Setup
3. Select the Arlo Q
4. Once you have selected the Arlo Q, it will ask to power up the camera.

** Wait for the light to blink Amber. (Solid Amber indicates it is still booting up.)

Below is the link for more information about the camera LED: 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-do-the-LED-lights-on-my-Arlo-Q-camera-mean...

5. Click Continue

** manually enter the iFi name (SSID) and the Password (Network Key) of the wireless router

^^^^ Please remove any special characters or spaces from SSID or you may create a Guest network with separate SSID which does not contain any special characters or spaces.

Check this link for more info:
Can special characters in a network name cause problems for Arlo Q?
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/Can-special-characters-in-a-network-name-cause-...

6. press the "Sync" button on the Arlo Q

7. Scan the QR code to validate the wireless network that you have entered on the previous page.

** Make sure that you are holding the camera about 4-8 inches from the QR code.

** This is to ensure that the camera can scan the QR code. If the scan is successful you will hear a chime sound but if it fails you will hear a bad beep sound and you will be routed back to input the wireless network of the router.

8. Once successful you will be redirected to a different page that will ask you to select your timezone and the serial number of the camera.

9. After you have selected your timezone you will be filling out the Account Setup form and selecting the service plan that you wish to proceed which are the Basic, Premier, and Elite.

If you have performed the steps above and still no luck. Contact support for further assistance.

Thanks,

Gabriel

Bennyho919
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Currently, I have four Arlo with base station and one Arlo Q. One day, two Arlo suddenly dead/failed to work after replacing the same batteries which been using for months. Submitted RMA for a week, but no news/updates.

So yesterday, I bought another Arlo Q. I couldnt get it sync or setup with my existing network. I tried reset more than five times, its still the same. Just blinking blue light slowly which means cannot connect to my network. I tried on my office network, its still the same. I am so sure the SSID password is correct however just doesnt work.

I am using Netgear R8000 router. Is there any limitation on the router to block the Arlo Q setup or anyone has any idea how can i get it working?

Please help!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you trying to use the 5GHz band?  I was using an Asus RT-N66U router that I could never get the Q to connect to on that band but 2.4GHz worked fine.