Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been using Q for a few years trouble-free.  My network/router is unchanged.  Yesterday, the Android app made me re-login and instituted new security 2FA protocols.  I went through all that and at the end there were no devices connected.  I went through the standard cycle, reset, Add New Device and got the amber, the blue,chime but at the end of a long try, it can't find any devices.   

Fwiw, the blue/purple light doesn't continue to blink after the sync button.  It just goes on and then goes off.   I think that's okay, but not sure.  I do get the chime after  the QR code.  

What is going on?   Has my Q been bricked by a new app requirement?   I don't get it!!!   Very frustrating!!

3 REPLIES 3
redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

fwiw, i reset my modem and updated the app.  no change.  arloq shows in my network on the router device page.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2FA has nothing to do with the camera connection - it only affects the login process.

Are you using the same login credentials as before? Since you reset (did you hold the button until the camera clicked and the LED flashed amber?) did you also remove the camera from your account before trying to add it again?

redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh, I should have updated this thread.  Thanks for replying.

At my wits end, yesterday I tried logging out and logging in again and voila!  My device and everything was just where I left it!    Just another dumb app.    Usually when apps change something in the login, even a password, they make you re-login.