Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jamain
Follower
Follower

I have a five camera wireless system working fine.  I purchased two new Arlo Q cameras and upgraded to Premium.  I have trouble getting the Arlo Q to connect, but eventually it will synch and connect.  Then when I try to add the 2nd Arlo Q it then causes the first Arlo Q to drop offline with the white/blueish LED.  I've reset the devices, tried again and again, rebooting, etc. and I can never get the Arlo Q's to stay connected and the devices end up showing offline.  I've tried my 2.4GHz and my 4GHz wifi spots, both act the same.  

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully, that's a 5GHz hotspot, not a 4GHz one.  🙂

It almost sounds like WiFi interference.  How close are the cameras when trying to sync them?  If some distance away, try moving close to the router to sync them.  Also, try restarting the router - I've had some odd problems that a quick reboot helped.

zfiolsilva
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a working Arlo 5 wireless camera system installed. Bought an Arlo Q to add to the system and have not been able to make it work !
I have upgraded to Premium (for a while now) and have a second system in my office. Installing the Q had gotten all the way to "connecting " but never actually connects -slow blinking blue light. I thought maybe needed to remove an existing camera .... Which I did but itchy not make any difference ! WHAT TO DO !
zfiolsilva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ops ! I have an Elite account ..... Does that matter ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, either one should do. Try using the reset button on the Q. Also, be very sure you're using the exact spelling, including caps, for both SSID and passphrase.

zfiolsilva
Aspirant
Aspirant
I already tried using the reset button several times and verified and attempted numerous times making sure that the password was correct ! What next ??
zfiolsilva
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have installed 10 if the wireless cameras without trouble !?!?!?!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

zfiolsilva wrote:
I already tried using the reset button several times and verified and attempted numerous times making sure that the password was correct ! What next ??

This _may_ be the key - make sure the SSID is spelled properly, including any caps.  The SSID is also case-sensitive.

The wireless cameras create their own WiFi connection so this isn't an issue.