Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q keeps losing audio both on recordings, and while viewing live

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PapitoF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey all!

I have searched both these boards, and looked elsewhere online and can't seem to find a solution to this issue. Three times now, my Arlo Q has stopped recording audio. I also cannot hear any audio when viewing the camera live, both with the mobile app, and from my laptop. Today, for the third time I have had to remove the device from my wifi network, press the reset button, and add it back to the network. I now have audio again, but for how long? I am using the Arlo Q in conjunction with three of the regular Arlo cameras and base station, but per the instructions, did not add the Q to the base station. The camera is not exactly easily accessible, and It's getting to be a hassle climbing up to reset it every week or so. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Or any suggestions? Is the microphone just defective?

Thank you in advance,

Pito

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PapitoF,

When this happens have you tried toggling the audo off and then back on within the camera settings? Do you still experience this behavior afterwards?

If this continues to occur, consider contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

PapitoF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have toggled the audio setting in the settings menu, and tried toggling the audio setting on playback. Both on my mobile app, and on my laptop.

The only solution thus far is going through the steps I have previously stated. Reset the camera (Arlo Q)>add new device> hold the barcode up to the camera etc. It seems to only last a week or so, then audio cuts out completely. After another reset, works fine for several days. Then cuts out again.

Thanks,

Pito

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PapitoF,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC