Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARlo q not recording

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

i had a subject approach my door and rang my door bell but my camera wasn't triggered to record. it usually does when someone rings my bell as i didn't change any settings.

i had theapp on my computer on and i saw the 'ear' icon turn to yellow to indicat that the camera did hear something. 

i checked my settings again and everything seems normal but wondering why there wsan't any recording.

i also had a setting that recorded starting at 6:30 am and I haven't seen any recordings in my library the past few days. so something is going on.

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jordandawg05,

Did rebooting the devices resolve the issue or are you still having trouble with recordings arriving in your library?

Consider viewing your library from a different device/browser to further isolate the issue.

Please let us know,

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try power cycling the camera. Also, is the WiFi indication good?
Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

Yes Wifi indicator is good - full strength

Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

i just got a notification from my other ARlo wireless but no recording in library....weird. i'll try to unplug the hub and reconnect it.

my issues seems to be only with Arlo Q but now the other wireless camera ( i have two other ones and my front door is fine but the 2nd wireless is not recording in library?)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jordandawg05,

Did rebooting the devices resolve the issue or are you still having trouble with recordings arriving in your library?

Consider viewing your library from a different device/browser to further isolate the issue.

Please let us know,

JamesC

Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

Rebooting the cameras and router did work for me and i am able to have the cameras record.  

Why did i have to do that though? i've had the cameras for a while and this is the first issue i've had with them? 

i am depending on these cameras when iam not home and if i have to reboot them every now and then to keep them work then that is not reliable. what 'if' something i needed to be recorded but wasn't cause of a reboot issue...

thanks,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You may have experienced a brief power oujtage that strewed with something. That's one reason I recommended using a UPS/battery backup for ALL network equipment, including modem, router and base station .