siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Q can't be found

10 REPLIES 10
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Here are a few links that will be helpful in troubleshooting steps for the Arlo Q. If you are still needing assistance after these steps, reach out and let us know what you are seeing when trying to connect the Arlo Q.

How to troubleshoot Arlo Q or Arlo Baby not connected to the Internet with solid purple LED

How to factory reset an Arlo Q or Arlo Q Plus Camera

How can I troubleshoot Arlo Q Plus camera connections using PoE or Ethernet?

Arlo Q FAQs

siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I have factory reset the camera. In the Arlo app, when I add a camera, enter the network key and sync, I get a blue flashing light. Camera reads the QR code and emits a sound. Unfortunately it doesn't find any camera/network and says try again..
The Arlo is registered in the router with all data and IP.
The only thing that deviates from all the guides is that the yellow light must start flashing after solid light before it can sync.
What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for late replay.

Well the problem is that the reset process issuccessful and I receive a solid blue light but it still can't find the connection. In my Asus router, Arlo is active. But the camera fail and tell me to try again. That is, everything seems okey but it's obviously not. What to do?

Thanks in advance

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@siggep wrote:

I receive a solid blue light but it still can't find the connection. In my Asus router, Arlo is active.

If you are onboarding with the phone app, then try using a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com) instead.  That sometimes will work when the phone app fails.

siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Didn't work either. This time I also  received a fail ton while searching?  Would be nice to get it work again but I bought a new Pro 4 XL as well.

siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi again.

I've just bought a pro 4 XL and it's the same story; it can't be found. I do as the manual tell me to do and the camera accept the Qr-code but search for camera until failure.

Phone and camera use the the same network, 2.4 Ghz, the password is correct and the distance to the router is approx 10 feet. Wifi and bluetooth is active on the phone.

Do I have to delete the arlo app  I used for an other arlo and reinstall it. Which  character are not accepted in an arlo password? Same as for an ordinary router?

What could be wrong in the setup?

I've an other camera (different brand) active but that can't be a problem?

Thanks in advance

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to support for further assistance. You get that by going in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com), and selecting a camera in a subscription plan. Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support. It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I can't. I can choose "chat" but when clicking on the link it just take me to the start again. 

In the chat-box it says that if you have an on going plan, you can use this but I don't even have a camera due to the fact that non of them will connect which is my problem. Any other way to call the support?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.