Stuck on "Getting information" or "Please wait" when trying to change modes

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
jakea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not change modes on my Arlo Q.  When I click on "Mode" in the iPhone Arlo app, I get the message "Getting information" indefinitely.  Similarly, when I click on "Mode" in the my.arlo.com website dashboard, I get the message "Please wait" indefinitely.  In both cases of the app and the website, it shows that my device is connected, and everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT for when I try to go to the Mode screen.

Searching through the community, I see that others have had this same problem as well.  However, I couldn't find any discussions with a conclusive answer on how to fix this.  If this was just a bug in the app, I would gladly just use the website instead or vice versa.  But with neither working, there is currently no way for me to switch modes on my Arlo (rendering it essentially useless).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the Q?

jakea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, but the same problem still happens.

Plowe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jake,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same cameras and am experiencing the same issues as you. I’m not sure where to go from here. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be possible that use of the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view recordings is an issue. It shouldn't be but...

If you want to try migrating to the new UI that uses Feed to see if that resolves the issue, read the link below. Be aware that you can't go back to the old UI and custom modes don't transfer - you have to use the 3 default ones to do what you need.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062798/How-do-I-upgrade-my-Arlo-Secure-App-4-0-to-the-new-experience

Plowe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion.. It looks like I’m using the latest app version of  Arlo Secure (4.10), and also my Arlo Q cameras are on the latest firmware. Is there something else I missed to upgrade to the new Arlo secure experience? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Plowe wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.. It looks like I’m using the latest app version of  Arlo Secure (4.10), and also my Arlo Q cameras are on the latest firmware. Is there something else I missed to upgrade to the new Arlo secure experience? 

The current app supports two very different user interfaces

• one shows "Library"
  • one shows "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.

Which one do you have?

Plowe
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app shows Library. Based on your reply, I'm still on the old version.

I'm a little confused on how to go about upgrading. The article states there's an upgrade now button in the app, but I'm not an upgrade option.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Plowe wrote:

My app shows Library. Based on your reply, I'm still on the old version.

Correct.

@Plowe wrote:

I'm a little confused on how to go about upgrading. The article states there's an upgrade now button in the app, but I'm not an upgrade option.

FWIW, I have no idea if migrating to "Feed" will solve your problem, I was just trying to clarify @jguerdat's question. Also, I have no Q cameras - but I think @jguerdat does.

So I am not recommending that you migrate to "Feed", since I have no idea whether it will resolve your problem or not.

But if you want to try it, then the workaround is to go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  You can't complete this workflow, because you don't actually have the camera.  But the process will migrate you to feed.  If you don't see "Pro 5s" as an option, then you can't migrate.

"Feed" is quite different.  One major limitation is that there are no custom modes.  Also, several people here are struggling getting scheduling to work as they want it too.  And if you do migrate to "Feed", there is no way to migrate back.

Plowe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB and jguerdat!

I followed your instructions to upgrade to the new version, and now motion detection recording is working again. I appreciate the clear instructions and help! 🙂