Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4th camera Firmware not accepting, help?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Setherton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought the 4 camera Arlo camera set from Best Buy, and three cameras work perfectly.
1 camera tells me that FW Version 1.2.2688 Update is available. ( currently running 1.2.4941 ).
I will click to update, and it'll take me to the other screen to where the camera view should be, and it's a green box that says 'A firmware update is available for your device' and an Update button. After repeated attempts, nothing happens.
Ive tried to reset the camera by opening the battery compartment. No help.
I've tried new batteries. No help.
I've tried removing the camera, and re-syncing it. No help.
Ive read lots of pages here, tried most anything. No help.

when it's trying to update the firmware, the LED blinks blue/amber. Then back to nothing.

What at else can I do to make this 4th camera work?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just time should help.  Otherwise, you could try a factory reset but that will involve starting from fresh.

Setherton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for answering.
Two followup questions:
It's been 72hrs. How much time is enough time?

What is the steps to a Factory Reset?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

72 have ours should be plenty of time. 

Factory reset is by using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Everything will need to be rebuilt if you do this.

Setherton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I appreciate your trying to help me, I really do.

Ok, I got home, and did the Factory Reset.
The LEDs on the Base flashed amber, and I started over, re-assigned the base to my App, and the the cameras one at a time.
All the original working cameras sync up perfectly.
The same camera still says the update is needed (FW Version 1.2.2688). I click update, and the camera blinks blue/amber for a short time, and back to it telling me the same update is needed. I've tried shaping the batteries out with one of the other cameras, no help.

What could my next step be?
Setherton
Aspirant
Aspirant
After doing the Factory Reset, and now even waiting more time, still zero updates on my 4th camera. I've added it, deleted it, readded it, changed the batteries, let it sit directly next to the Base Station, power cycled both, etc... very much at a loss as to what to try next.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have more suggestions.  Contact support - use the Support link at the top here and then Contact Support on the right.