Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously" error from time to time

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nachtigall
Tutor
Tutor

Once again here - as for others before:

Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream.

Not used the live stream of the Arlo Q Plus the last few days, neither on the App nor on the Web (where only one session is enforced anyway).

Arlo Q Plus, in PoE mode:

HW Version VMC3040Sr6
Serial Number <snip>
Firmware1.9.0.0_269

Restart doesn't help. How i can fix that?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried both the app and a browser? Try force closing the app and open again.

Nachtigall
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, i have tried both - web and mobile app. I have tried force close as well. The only way to fix this - completely remove and setup the camera again. But, it's ridiculous! During this error - the camera is completely useless and not recording anything. I'm totally disappointed and will look for some other brand to buy.

Nachtigall
Tutor
Tutor

So, if someone will search how to fix this problem - the only way to go to your camera, physically disconnect from the power adapter and connect again.  If you far away - there is no other solution, Arlo didn't fix this, so your camera will be useless. Also, Arlo's support is horrible. Nobody even tried to understand where the problem is coming from.

In conclusion - don't buy Arlo cameras, there are a bunch of other brands on the market.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a solution but a WiFi switch such as a WeMO could be used to remotely power cycle the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation