Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

mic in IOS and Android never connects

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
VinnyE
Tutor
Tutor

I have both IOS and android ARLO apps and neither one will let my microphone connect. Just shows "Pleaese wait...". I can hear what is going on from the cameras mic when I am away from it. Out side or away from it. I deleted the app several times and reset the camera to no avail. I have no video issues. Sometimes when I try and selct the mic icon it will lock up the feed but I can go out from live feed and back and it is fine again but still no mic access. My firmware version is 1.8.0_5551. I tried several times to update it from the settings/device info but it doesn't show any update/upgrade. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's probably due to old firmware - the current version is 1.8.3.1_13001.  I would reset the camera using the reset button until the LED flashes amber, remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and then resync.  That should force the update.

VinnyE
Tutor
Tutor

I did a reset with the little reset button and it goes all the way thru. Finds my wireless, finds the device and shows its serial number which I change to show the room I have the camera in. then when I go to 'settings', 'device info'; it shows that a firmware update is available. when I click on it it shows a screen that states 'A firmware update is required for this camera, but its battery levels are too low to proceed. Please connect Arlo Baby to a power source.' I do not have a Arlo Baby. Its a Arlo Q Plus and it is plugged into an outlet. it does not update the firmware.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's really weird! Open a case with support or swap at the store.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VinnyE,

Strange indeed. Could you provide a screenshot of the error message you receive when attempting to update?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation