Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
billbrasky626
Follower
Follower

I currently have Arlo Q Plus cameras that connect directly to my Wi-Fi. However, they have stability issues with connections that require regular restarts. Oddly enough the two cameras that have the most frequent issues are the ones that are closest to my router and have the best line of site. The other cameras are farther and require less reboots, and are more active. I'm wondering about using an SD card in the Q Plus as a 'staging' area. Is there any info that suggests using an SD card in the Q Plus will stage video there to be uploaded to the cloud? I suspect that my cameras going straight to Wi-Fi then cloud are causing the random offline issues. I'm hoping that with an SD card the camera will start saving the video to the card then as a secondary action feed to the cloud.

So the basic question is, when using SD card and cloud do the cameras:

1. Save to both simultaneously via different streams? One to cloud and one to SD card

2. Start a single stream to the SD card which in turn feeds the cloud?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@billbrasky626 wrote:

1. Save to both simultaneously via different streams? One to cloud and one to SD card

Same stream but two locations. The card is a backup in case any part of the Internet connection fails. Local recordings are NOT uploaded to the cloud at any point.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@billbrasky626 wrote:

Same stream but two locations. The card is a backup in case any part of the Internet connection fails. Local recordings are NOT uploaded to the cloud at any point.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation