Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

UK Power adaptor for Arlo Q plus

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gochajan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,
I want to buy UK Power adapter for Arlo Q plus, unfortunately i can't found on your website, can you tell me please which power adapter will be good or where can i buy one?

(This power adapter will be ok? Indoor Power Cable and Adapter for Pro, Pro 2 and Security Light (VMA4800))
Regards,
Gocha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't tried one of those to see if it would work - the 90 degree microUSB connector could be a problem if it doesn't fit properly. The charger itself generally shouldn't make a difference - it just needs to supply 5v at ~2 amps. If you have something like that, give it a try.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't tried one of those to see if it would work - the 90 degree microUSB connector could be a problem if it doesn't fit properly. The charger itself generally shouldn't make a difference - it just needs to supply 5v at ~2 amps. If you have something like that, give it a try.

Gochajan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, i will try and let you know, if yes maybe we can help other users to... 🙂

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

As @jguerdat says, there is nothing special about the power supply for the Q PLus. Anything that does micro USB will hack it as long as the volts are right and there are enough amps.

Third party adapters will be cheaper than the official ones. Don't you have something lying around to try? I seem to have drawers full of these things.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Gochajan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your advice  jguerdat, works fine 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation