Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slow login and live view access

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Joe-N
Tutor
Tutor

It seems like it's gotten more difficult and slow to view my cameras lately. When my browser window times out, I have to wait a 8-10 seconds for the first dialog box to appear. This one informs me that my session has timed out (duh!). Clicking OK allows me to next click the box that says Log In. Then the actual login page appears where I enter my user name and password. Finally, the camera page loads. Then it takes another 15-20 seconds to access a live view.

This whole process can take anywhere from 45-60 seconds, which makes the cameras pretty much useless for checking the door or a trigger notification. I have a fast internet connection so that's not the issue. The cameras are connected wirelessly with strong signals.

I understand the back and forth time to go through the Arlo server. But why do we need to be logged out so quickly? And why are there so many steps required to log back in? Hey Arlo, how about you streamline and speed up this process? I need to, and should be able to, access my cameras within a few seconds if they are to function as a real security system.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Joe-N
Tutor
Tutor

It seems like the only support option is Live Chat. I'm not sure how that is going to address my issues.

Joe-N
Tutor
Tutor

Apparently Live Chat isn't even an option. It says "Checking for chat availability..." and never connects. Is there any other option to contact Tech Support?

Joe-N
Tutor
Tutor

I guess Arlo thinks directing me to support options that either don't apply or are unavailable is their idea of solving this problem. I don't know why I expected anything more, based on past performance.

In case you were wondering, this is still a problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Joe-N

I have created a case for you. customer support will be reaching out to you  as soon as possible. Your may reference your case number here: 41955486

Joe-N
Tutor
Tutor

The email I received for the case you created said someone would reach out to me in 1-2 days. It's now been 6 days with no further contact. Not surprising...could you check into this for me?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Joe-N

I have escalated your case. Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Your escalations number is: 41967506

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation