Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule not working again

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
evillama
Star
Star
Schedule mode not working again - switches to Armed or Disarmed permanently instead of using the Schedule. Same issue reported before in other posts. What's the problem and resolution??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@evillama wrote:

Think I see where the problem is. The actual "scheduling" changes in modes does work - but two things are different than before: 1) the little "schedule clock" next to the mode doesn't show anymore; 2) the current mode shows as being selected - instead of the "schedule" mode.

This is an unfortunate fact of life with the apps and has been for a long time. If you really want to see what's going on in the Mode tab, use a browser (a mobile browser can be used when set to use the desktop version of the site). 

That said, I find that it's just the display in the app that can be confusing. Yes, the active mode may or may not be displayed next to your camera (or base) and going into that camera's section may show the current mode selected by the schedule instead of the schedule but I find it still works properly. It IS confusing but should be working fine. If you find out that it isn't, set things up in a browser and also contact support using the link at the bottom here to complain. Maybe something will actually get fixed if enough people complain.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @evillama

Are you still experiencing this issue with your schedule?

evillama
Star
Star

Think I see where the problem is. The actual "scheduling" changes in modes does work - but two things are different than before: 1) the little "schedule clock" next to the mode doesn't show anymore; 2) the current mode shows as being selected - instead of the "schedule" mode. This is confusing because when a mode is "Disarmed" you're not sure if it's permanent or because it's not time yet?? See pic:

Screenshot_20191126-235216_Arlo.jpg

Everything that is "Armed" right now is on a schedule - but no clock to the left? They will eventually change to "Disarmed" when the time comes next day. The "Disarmed" mode with clock is an Arlo Q camera - for some reason, that one always keeps the clock next to it. The other "Disarmed" is permanently selected.

Hope this makes sense. Something definitely changed in the way the Arlo app handles schedules...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

evillama
Star
Star
Thanks, I'll try that next.

So this isn't "normal" and nobody else is seeing the same?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@evillama wrote:

Think I see where the problem is. The actual "scheduling" changes in modes does work - but two things are different than before: 1) the little "schedule clock" next to the mode doesn't show anymore; 2) the current mode shows as being selected - instead of the "schedule" mode.

This is an unfortunate fact of life with the apps and has been for a long time. If you really want to see what's going on in the Mode tab, use a browser (a mobile browser can be used when set to use the desktop version of the site). 

That said, I find that it's just the display in the app that can be confusing. Yes, the active mode may or may not be displayed next to your camera (or base) and going into that camera's section may show the current mode selected by the schedule instead of the schedule but I find it still works properly. It IS confusing but should be working fine. If you find out that it isn't, set things up in a browser and also contact support using the link at the bottom here to complain. Maybe something will actually get fixed if enough people complain.

meemers
Aspirant
Aspirant

My schedule is set from 6 am to 230 pm.  When I check it at 6 am, I do see it is on, with a variation of either permanently armed or the armed with the clock.  But when I go back in later, as I did right now at 9 am, it shows it is disabled.  I have to go back in and either arm it or re-do the schedule option.  ??

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@meemers

Have you tried to set your schedule through the web portal on your computer & test again?

evillama
Star
Star

It's definitely a mobile app issue - the little "schedule clock" only appears to be missing in the mobile app, but the schedule mode changes still work. If you log into my.arlo.com and look at the mode there - it will show the "schedule clock" as expected.

Somebody in Arlo application development - please fix. Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation