Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Doggman
Tutor
Tutor

My new Q Plus will not format the new 128GB Series10 SD Cared even though page 25 of the manual states that that is an option.  I do not have that option in my IOS app under the storage device section.   I formatted the card in FAT32 and in the storage section of the app it says that the device requires formatting.  The card is a good card.  What am I missing?  I have the latest firmware update. 

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Doggman,

Do you have another sd card we can try for testing purposes?

Killerwhale
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly the same issue. Yes, I have tried with multiple sd cards. I have attached the screenshot
Doggman
Tutor
Tutor
I finally gave up with the 128GB SD cards and found that 32GB cards works in the camera. It certainly is a loss of functionality. There’s something screwy with the Q Plus and 128 cards.
Killerwhale
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Doggman! I think I figured this out. Go to my account or my arlo on Alro.com using your PC instead of your phone. There is a page that shows your connected cameras (it looks pretty similar with what you see on the app) and find your arlo q and go to storage option. You can format your sd card there. I successfully formated my 128 GB with this way. Hope this helps!
Doggman
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Killerwhale - I’ll get another 128G SD card and give it a go!  

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation