Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications because screen refreshes

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jarlo737
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep getting notifications while there is no actual movement detected. When I check the video it looks like the screen refreshes. Similar to a flickering light. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Preferably without having to need the Smart plan.

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jarlo737

What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously done.

Jarlo737
Aspirant
Aspirant
I set up a relatively small activity zone and set the movement sensitivity to 1.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the base station? If you have done this, you can try and remove the camera from the Settings > my devices > re-add it & test again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you set the sensitivity in your modes and rules? The motion detection test is just a test to be used in your rules.

Jarlo737
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Q Plus so no base station. I can try to restart or remove the camera, but I haven't had the false notification for a day now so I'll wait a little before I try that option.

Jarlo737
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I set the sensitivy in the rules. Moreover, that's the only place where I can set the sensitivy. I don't see any other options.

Jarlo737
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could it help if I adjust the Flicker Adjustment? It's now set to 'Auto (50Hz)', but I can also choose '60Hz' or '50Hz'.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't belive the flicker setting would help false detections. I would guess that something is flashing in the camera's view causing enough change in enough pixels to trigger the camera. I would try a total camera reset and, failing that making a difference, open a case with support for a potentially bad camera:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation