Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
AlBuckJ51
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 3 of my Arlo Q and Q Plus cameras went Offline sometime after 02:35 (BST) on the morning of 25/07/2020.
I have re-booted my wi-fi router (all other devices on the network are working fine and connected to the Internet) and powered off and on each camera and they all will not re-connect to the Arlo Server.
They are connected to my Network because I can see them on my Client List of my Router, and if I 'ping' them I get a response. I have tried deleting them via the Mobile App, but when I try to add them again I always get the “Discovering your device. Please wait ..." Followed by “Discovery Failed. Sorry we were unable to find you Arlo Q” and the camera is slowly blinking Blue.
So, this seems to be an issue with the Arlo Server not recognising them.
Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlBuckJ51
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestion.

I configured the 2.4GHz wireless network on my Virgin Media Hub 3, reset all 3 of the my Arlo Q and Q+ caameras and did not add any other devices to that network. Eventually, after many hours of trying, I was able to get all of them to be recognised by the Arlo Server. They are still the only devices connected to that wireless network, and they have been working fine for the last week.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried both the app and a web browser?

DJF75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you solved your issue? I have the exact problem with no sollution

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DJF875,

As jguerdat mentioned above, have you tried on both the Arlo app on your phone device and the web client on your computer?

DJF75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have tried both the app and web client

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just for grins, try connecting them using a different network (if you can use a friend's network without virus exposure). Sometimes that has shown the cameras to be ok and it's something about your network (or ISP). A few times setting cameras up in other places has allowed them to work fine back at home. You'd have to change the network in the camera settings to test this out out.

AlBuckJ51
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestion.

I configured the 2.4GHz wireless network on my Virgin Media Hub 3, reset all 3 of the my Arlo Q and Q+ caameras and did not add any other devices to that network. Eventually, after many hours of trying, I was able to get all of them to be recognised by the Arlo Server. They are still the only devices connected to that wireless network, and they have been working fine for the last week.

JJM2007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you explain this better how you fixed this? I have the same issue on my 2 cameras. I do not totally understand what you did sorry
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JJM2007,

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Have you tried power cycling your Arlo Q cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation