Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion triggers are not working in Samsung SmarTThings

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tpsarlo
Guide
Guide

Motion triggers work in Amazon alexa routines but not in Samsung Smartthings routines. The trigger is available in both so it seems that this is a bug but I can't find a way to report the bug

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an issue that was resolved about 3 weeks ago causing ST notification alerts to fail. If the issue didn't resolve itself after the update, then a manual re-link was required which you just completed. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove and relink your Arlo account with SmartThings?

tpsarlo
Guide
Guide

Thanks.  No, I haven't.  Though I am not hopeful, I will consider trying that, though it does cause a bit of a pain in that the Arlo On / Off capability is used in a number of routines in Smartthings and Google Home and I assume that I will have to track and redo those routines

tpsarlo
Guide
Guide

I did try that and it worked!  Thanks!  I did lose all of my related routines which is a pain, so hopefully this stays reliable.  Any idea why this would have happened and any way to prevent it, or to relink without having to take Arlo out of smartthings and lose all of my routines?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an issue that was resolved about 3 weeks ago causing ST notification alerts to fail. If the issue didn't resolve itself after the update, then a manual re-link was required which you just completed. 

tpsarlo
Guide
Guide

thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation