Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
lewis3674
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I connect the base station to my computer that uses wireless internet?  I have an ether net connector slot on the side of my computer so I plugged in the cable to the base station and the computer.  My wifi (verizon) will not connect to it without a password.  How can I make it connect to my wifi?

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The base needs to be plugged into an ethernet port on your internet gateway/router.

The base can not connect via wifi.

https://kb.arlo.com/1179139/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-to-the-Internet

lewis3674
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an ethernet connection port on the side of my laptop.  I connected the ethernet cable to that port and the base station.  The base station was trying to read my wifi and then I was asked to input a password.  I typed in my wifi password but that didn't work.  Any suggestions?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The base WILL ONLY function using an ethernet port from your ROUTER or a wifi extender with an ehternet port ( and the extender hooked into your home wifi )...

You can not use the etherent port on your computer to use a base even if your computer is hooked by wifi

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation