Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ethernet connection with huge lag and very poor audio quality

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
eeaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have just bought my Arlo Q+ and I connected it with Ethernet (I also tried PoE but did not work..). I have two big issues that I would need to fix: 1- A long lag (12-15 seconds) when connected with Ethernet vs 3s lag when connected with Wifi. One of the reasons I bought the Q+ is because I believe the cable connexion gives extra protection against Wifi inhibitors. However, 15 seconds is an unacceptable lag... Why is this? How can it be solved? 2 - Audio quality is very very poor and makes communication unintelligible. Why is this? How can it be solved? Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose it could be the camera, cable and/or port. How is the cable connected to your network? Have you tried swapping cables and ports? Does the router show any issues with the connection?

eeaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks  jguerdat.

I have tried a couple of cables (not sure which category though...  is there signicant differences?... which category would be the minimum reccommended?), and I have also tried several ports from my router (when I use a pc it seems to work pretty fast...

I only get an "acceptable" lag (about 3 seconds) when I use the Wifi, so I believe the internet speed is not the big problem here (I would guess that Wifi should be worse than Ethernet but in my case is the opposite...).

Thanks in advance

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just switching cables is sufficient. The bandwidth is low enough to not make a difference. I agree that the use of WiFi means the ISP connection isn't the issue. I would swap camras at the store.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation