Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera failed to post movement video. Had people working but only picked two movements.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bigdaddy3312
Follower
Follower

I don’t know that my cameras have ever failed to post movements. Today while I was away I had lots of people working & it only picked two movements out of dozens. Probably new software. Has anyone seen this?

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Bigdaddy3312,

Are you receiving a lot of push/email notifications that your camera is detecting motion?

mtpearse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same for me. Has generally always been the case.  People walking up my driveway are either captured right at the end of the drive (about 50' long) or sometimes not at all. How can the camera see someone coming in but not leaving just minutes later? The lag is so great it's ridiculous.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mtpearse,

Have you tried using the motion detection test to see if it is detecting motion properly? You can read here on how to use the motion detection test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

You can also try changing the motion sensitivity to see if that helps: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation