Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
TFK
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

I have two ArloQ Plus and two Arlo PRO. All set up under the same network. Arlo Q plus using ethernet... My two arlo plus cameras are loosing constantly connecitvity. Have to unplug them and then they reconnect, they work for 2-3 days and then I loose them again. the two Arlo Pro are working perfectly fine... Please help as this is anoying 

32 REPLIES 32
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted your router?

TFK
Tutor
Tutor
Yes of course. Rebooted everything. I even changed the router.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do the WiFi indications on the Devices tab for reach camera show? Are there any 2.4GHz wireless devices near the cameras and/or router? If you use a WiFi scanner app on your phone, what kind of WiFi environment do you see - crowded, overlapping, etc.? Have you tried syncing to 5GHz?

TFK
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using the ethernet connection and PoE. I have the problme with the Arlo Q Plus... sorry I pressed accidently the "Solved" button... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does this happen with both Q+ cams? It strikes me that it could be the cables could be the problem. I assume the router is supplying power or are you using the PoE adapter?

TFK
Tutor
Tutor

yes it happens with both cameras. I'm using a swich with PoE adapter and I have renewed my ethernet cables. I dont think it has to do with the cables... It seems this is a common problem with the Arlo Q plus. I found so many complainign about the same, for example this one: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Q-Plus/Arlo-Q-keeps-disconnecting-randomly-for-months/m-p/1650623

I'm wondering if this problem is actually know to you already? 

I have one more Arlo Q Plus still unboxed at home... I'm thinking about returning them all now... unless you have a real solution to the problem.. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, I'm just a user like you, not an Arlo employee. I also don't have a Q Plus so can't directly speak from experience. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

TFK
Tutor
Tutor

I'm very sorry - I thought this would be the support here. Thanks for your help 

TFK
Tutor
Tutor

is there any way I can send my support request by e-mail. 

Their live chat is not working (tried Safari and Chrome)... they make it really difficult to rech out to them... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Email is said to only work when chat isn't available. THere is a phone option, though.

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

@TFK wrote:

Hi, 

I have two ArloQ Plus and two Arlo PRO. All set up under the same network. Arlo Q plus using ethernet... My two arlo plus cameras are loosing constantly connecitvity. Have to unplug them and then they reconnect, they work for 2-3 days and then I loose them again. the two Arlo Pro are working perfectly fine... Please help as this is anoying 

Can you please describe what you observe when the cameras lose connectivity?

Do they only stop showing event recordings in the APP and web portal?

TFK
Tutor
Tutor
They both Stop recording events and I cannot get a life view any longer. I still can connect to the cameras through the app, at least it seems so. But restarting is also not working. Hence I have to unplug and then they would come back.

Just this week, i noticed that after three days one of the camera came back automatically without restarting. I had no time and have up restarting them. Yesterday night one was suddenly back and recording again.
Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

Your disconnections seem similar to mine but as you've seen they are random. Another user has also had their camera replaced and within a short time, it too disconnected.

Just now GMT +10, 11:05am to 13:18 I know all recordings in this period were missed. The types of movement were cars and people. My internet is quite reliable 100/40 Mb/s service with an external NMS showing no breaks in service.

TFK
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Wayne,

yes exatcly, it still happens to me. I beleive it is a bug with Arlo Q Plus. As the other Arlo products work fine and I have never had a problem just the two Q Plus are having the ame issue repeadedly... 

A bit dissapointed that the ARLO support seems not able to help, and also acts as this is unknown to them... I hope that one software update in the future will solve the issue (hopefully)... 

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

GMT +10 timezone.

March 27th sometime after 08:35am Arlo Q Plus stopped recording video to Arlo servers.

March 29th 22:42 powercycled the Arlo and it started showing recordings on the Arlo Library.

For a security device you can't rely on what's the use?

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

GMT +10:00 14th April.

At a time after 10:31am my Arlo Q Plus stopped recording to the Netgear Library. I was getting notifications on my phone during the time recordings weren't registered on the Arlo library. I tested the detection before restarting the camera and recieved a notification of activity in the zone but no library recording was displayed.

I restarted the camera using the APP and recordings recommenced at 16:30.

JérômeP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

This issue is known on this forum, look at this thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Q-Plus/Restart-device-frequently/td-p/1463464

I have also exactly the same issues with my Arlo Q+ device:

- recordings are stopped

- live view is no more available

- sometimes restart is unavailable

The only solution is to restart electrically the device, what is unacceptable!

I contacted the support (the french support), they changed my device but it did not solve any thing. Arlo told me they were knowing this issue and that they were working on it ... 2 months ago ...

The only workaround I have found (read on the above thread): plug a timer to automatically restart electrically the device every day. The issue still occurs but less often ...

Jérôme

TerMar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I lost the connectivity with internet cable ....any tips?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried? What do you see? What is the LED on the camera showing? What is the LED on the router where the camera  showing? Have you rebooted the camera and router?

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

The only workaround I have found (read on the above thread): plug a timer to automatically restart electrically the device every day. The issue still occurs but less often ...

Caution when doing this. If the camera is accessing the SD card to write a clip for instance it may lose acess to the card after the power cycle. You can check this in the APP devices tab. If the SD card is ghosted, not black or red then it will be offline. You can also then check the settings of the camera and you will find the card is marked as unavailable.

To regain access and make the card resume recording duties -

1. Remove the card.

2. Insert it into an adaptor suitable for connecting to your PC.

3. Connect the card to your PC and save a very small file to the card.

4. Safely eject from the PC and return the card to the Arlo camera.

5. Check it's status or settings and change the SD card to Enabled if required.

JérômeP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, that is why I've programmed the electrical restart at a moment when the camera is inactive.

Wabrosch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. I lose connectivity randomly.

How did you manage to reboot the cam automatically daily? I didn't find any menu in the settings to do so.

Thanks for any hints

JérômeP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

I use an external programmable electric switch, like this one: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00OZOONAU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've programmed it to switch off/on at 00:00 everyday.

Jérôme

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

@TFK wrote:

Arlo Q plus using ethernet... My two arlo plus cameras are loosing constantly connecitvity. Have to unplug them and then they reconnect, they work for 2-3 days and then I loose them again.

My Arlo Q plus nearly made it 2 months without dropouts. Last week there was an event I wanted to review with the camera recording but it had been out for over a day and missed it. (1st August) I power cycled the camera and it came back online. 

Today I checked and the camera recordings had stopped again.

I can control the settings of the camera but it isn't recording to the Netgear cloud.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation