Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Petychka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to connect my Arlo Q to my network using the app. The app says it is waiting for a connection and the camera's amber light keeps blinking. The unit is powered by PoE through a PoE switch and therefore connected to my router by Ethernet cable. I would think my router's and wireless network's login details would be irrelevant with a cable connection (correct?). Is this a known problem? What should I do? I assume you may suggest a factory reset (unlikely to do if I can't connect, though). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petychka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think you are correct. After a factory reset, changing the cables and changing the PoE switch didn't work, I resorted to WiFi connection and power from the wall plug. That solved it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, assume right...

A factory reset is done by holding in the reset on the Q for about ten secs... till the led flashes amber.

Then reset up as if new with cable

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Is ther e a chance that you didn't have the PoE cable installed initially? Switching midstream has been noted as an issue.
Petychka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think you are correct. After a factory reset, changing the cables and changing the PoE switch didn't work, I resorted to WiFi connection and power from the wall plug. That solved it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should work after a reset IF the PoE connection is already made.  If not, it could be that the PoE adapter or cable is faulty or the switch isn't working properly.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation