First time poster here.
I've been using three Arlo Q Plus Security Cameras for the past 3 years without any major problems.
Today the cameras auto-updated to the latest firmware, 220.127.116.11_154_d1c2e38, and I can no longer connect to them.
I've hard-reset them at least 10 times and I've tried connecting via Wifi and Ethernet cable, I've removed the cameras from my account and tried to add them again, but I always get stuck on the "No device detected page", both on the iOS app and on the website.
I have not changed a single thing in my network configuration between yesterday and today.
I am also able to ping the cameras.
Arlo, please advice what I should do next?
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Related Labels:
Your trick to remove the Wi-Fi password seems to work! I’m using a Ubiquiti access point and created a second open Wi-Fi hotspot (without a password).
Watch and behold how the iOS app finally found the camera and immediately prompted me to downgrade the dodgy firmware back to the previous working version.
I couldn’t be happier! 🙂
Arlo: This is definitely my last ever purchase. I will never buy another product from your company. When these cameras finally die, that is it. But for now, I will have to use what I have here because I already paid a lot of money for the cameras.
The iOS app immediately prompted me to downgrade the dodgy firmware version and after that the cameras behaved as normal again.
Man, what a pain this was!
Bingo ! I disabled my router password and set up again. The camera was found straightaway. I will mention this to Arlo when I update my support ticket. I'm pleased that it seems to work for others too.
Provided this solution.
- disable your WiFi router password and sync your camera to the same WiFi but this time with password field blank
- your camera would be detected and update the firmware.
- you can re enable the password later.
In my previous post, I meant disabling security on the router rather than disabling the admin password- sorry if I have misled anyone. Disabling security was a temporary measure just to set the camera up. I have found that altering the security option to WPA/WPA2-PSK (mixed mode) now seems to work OK.
Yes, as other members already mentioned. Don't forget to re-enable the password/security on your router once you've successfully connected and downgraded the firmware. 🙂
So I would suggest, anyone with this problem just switch it on and see what happens.
FYI: I gave it another try without touching the WiFi settings (so including the password) and it worked instantly! The problem may have been on Arlo's end and been fixed in the past hours.
Ah, it could well be that they've fixed something in their infrastructure. The annoying thing is that there is ZERO information coming from their end so we are all just running around like headless chickens trying to debug what is going on.
Yes, you are right. It could well be Arlo who fixed something on their end while we were at the same time trying to disable Wi-Fi password on our end. We won't know because they never provide us with any useful information.
I attached both my bricked Arlo q Plus-cameras to ethernet-cable directly to my router now and both updated the firmware automatcally
And after that no problem in serching and adding them on wifi and now working with normal picture again !!