Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
nixter3d
Apprentice
Apprentice

First time poster here.

I've been using three Arlo Q Plus Security Cameras for the past 3 years without any major problems.

Today the cameras auto-updated to the latest firmware, 1.10.1.0_154_d1c2e38, and I can no longer connect to them.

I've hard-reset them at least 10 times and I've tried connecting via Wifi and Ethernet cable, I've removed the cameras from my account and tried to add them again, but I always get stuck on the "No device detected page", both on the iOS app and on the website.

I have not changed a single thing in my network configuration between yesterday and today.

I am also able to ping the cameras.

Arlo, please advice what I should do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
geoffwbaOC
Guide
Guide

I did mention the firmware issue to Arlo support yesterday but I am not sure how the firmware can be updated if I can't connect the camera to the internet in the first place.  One thing I am going to try today is to remove the admin password temporarily from my router and then re-try.  This solution did work for me when I tried setting up a wi-fi bird box camera a couple of months ago.    After setting up that camera and re-enabling the router password, all was OK.  

View solution in original post

102 REPLIES 102
Billysport
Tutor
Tutor

UK based.  The same problem with one cam, I  have double-checked the password, it is correct, and I have another Cam (Q HD) that's operating with no issues linked to my wifi signal and password. Along with a new Floodlight pro 3, that's working fine outside the house.   The app can not find the (Q HD) cam after the chime. 

This is the 2nd Cam in a few weeks that's now stopped operating correctly having worked for 2 years.

Arlo sent a refurbished Cam out a few weeks ago, as a replacement for a locked-in re-booting mode cam (thank you) . However,  I can not get that cam to work, the app finds the cam, I type a cam name in and press continue,  and then the app says it can not find the cam.  

Sorry, I gave up with customer support as they kept asking me to do the same thing (over 4-5 messages) and I kept explaining the same thing did not fix the issue. which was press reset 10-15 seconds, waiting for the 'click. let it re-boot, then use the app. check the LED status, etc,  I did this several times and still, the app could not find the cam. 😞

Now I've lost the 2nd cam-this week -  have Arlo given up on older legacy Cam's?   So frustrating- I just want the kit to work, please!

JJLondon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had exactly the same problem today. Started with Arlo somehow removing my activity zones and continually alerting and recording. Added activity zone again and it continued to alert me for anything anywhere in shot. 
Reset the camera and couldn’t get it to log on to WiFi. I get the chime and then the app continues to search for the device. Tried multiple devices, the sync button on my router as recommended in an Arlo forum. No joy with anything. 

nixter3d
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo, this is scandalous! You have bricked 2 out of 3 of our Arlo Q Plus cameras!

You updated the firmware without your customers consent.

What the hell are you doing?! Are you not testing the software before rolling out crap updates like this?

As it stands now I have £300 worth of paper weights.

I require your immediate response with action to follow.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Carlos_Espejo
Tutor
Tutor

Based in Spain,

I have 3 Arlo Q Plus cameras and today, November 25, 2020, infrared night mode feature has stopped in all three cameras

2 of them were connected to Ethernet-POE. One of them has recovered night mode functionality after connecting and disconnecting it from power several times. The other has not recovered infrared vision by doing the same and I have factory reseted it and now it is not possible connect it in any way, neither Wifi, nor Ethernet, nor POE

The third camera, connected by Wifi, has not recovered the infrared vision by connecting and disconnecting it from power so I have factory reseted it and now it not connect at all, neither Wifi, nor Ethernet, nor POE

I think it's because of a firmware update that's been done.

It is clear that we need a quick solution to this problem

lifeisamaze
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same problem and what the customer service suggested doesnt help....

I have tried resetting the cam, reseting the wifi , but in vain.

Don't know what to do, disappointed.

nixter3d
Apprentice
Apprentice
It is clearly a waste of time to call customer services since they will just follow the general troubleshooting guides which do not help us in this instance.

My real question now is how to get the (future) updated firmware onto cameras that can no longer be adopted into the system.

Other manufacturers would provide a firmware fix that you can download and install via e.g. USB, but since everything here is done automatically via the internet how would it actually work?
otpuv481
Tutor
Tutor

I'm facing exactly same issue since Nov.25th. Can't add the Q to my account anymore. I've changed the SSID and even password without special character. It doesn't work. Very annoying.

nixter3d
Apprentice
Apprentice

The latest firmware update has probably bricked your camera.

Happened to me yesterday.

otpuv481
Tutor
Tutor

Too bad. Is that possible to roll back to previous version?

nixter3d
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not as far as I know and even if you could, there is not much we can do right now because we cannot even add the cameras to our accounts which is where the firmware upgrades are shown.

alemass
Guide
Guide

Disabled the camera because I was missing the night view from yesterday and now

the camera doesnt pair with my phone any longer.

Every update I keep the finger crossed but arlo team cannot go on this manner.

Not professional at all.

Sorry

Alessandro

Stefano1973
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem from yesterday. The Arlo Q doesn't connect anymore with my netgear Orbi.

Till yesterday no problem at all. What's wrong??

Stefano1973
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ho appena chattato con l'assistenza che riferisce questo:

"si gli ingegneri sono alle prese con la risoluzione del problema. difatti il 30 novembre sarà rilasciato un nuovo firmware che farà le necessarie correzioni."

avverrà tramite l aggiornamento dlel' mapp che basterà disinstalle e poi riscaricare

"troverà l app nell' app store aggiornata il giorno 30, sarà scritto nei dettagli dell' app la data dell' ultimo aggiornamento. Può anche contattarci di nuovo lunedì. il nostro numero verde è 800797106"

Questo è quanto

alemass
Guide
Guide

If someone buy an alarm system means that need to protect something and you cannot says we will fix

the issue within 4 days.

I'm on the market for something more reliable then arlo Q if someone can suggest something I really appreciate.

Alessandro

Jesse48
Initiate
Initiate

Have same problem. But for me it began with strange behavior on "Night Vision mode" to continue with problem to find the unit, This because I try a remote chance to delete the unit and reinstall it, what later showed to do worse and I now got one piece of junk on my desk. 

Don't think there would be any Arlo product in the future for me if they don' fix this problem(bricked camera) 

otpuv481
Tutor
Tutor

The issue here is whether they have realized it is an issue or not.

erikvds
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

As of the last update, all of my 3 Arlo Q's are unable to switch on or off. I did a reset, tried to add them as a new device. But it looks they can't find them in my network. Nothing seems to work. 

Just after the last update i noticed a very dark video recording of an outside scene (which normally is a lot brighter).

Any Arlo Q users experience the same odd behaviour?

Thanks,

E

khalid7412002
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same issue. 

I had my camera put away for a couple but brought it out today as i was going on day trip and wanted it set up while I was gone. 

At first it worked but then about 10 minutes later, when I would remote log in, all it should was a white image. Once i got back home, i deleted it from my devices but now it won't connect using either the phone or the website. Interestingly enough, I see that the camera is attempting to connect to my network, but it just fails at the discovery step. 

CharlieOlofsson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. 2 Arlo Q Plus cameras not able to add after trying to remove, reset and add after problems with night mode

AngeliqueNL
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem occurred here. Lucky to see that is not me.  Should be nice if Arlo could solve the problem. But I am wondering if the device is not able to connect anymore, it will not possible to ever get a new update on it, isn't it? (no knowledge of IT/computer stuff/software, seems just a logical thought of me)

erikvds
Tutor
Tutor

HI,

Since the last Firmware bricked my Arlo Q's, i try to connect them back to my network. One of them managed to downgrade its Firmware. 

My other 2 Arlo Q's simply won't connect to my network. Any ideas or workarounds to get them see my network again? It should work because i've got 1 of them working 😞

Kind regards

Raj1978
Star
Star

arlo q and q plus not syncing after firmware update. it would go as far as finding the devices and then fail.

raised a support ticket. 

Morfik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try using a paperclip in the reset hole, you need to hold in for at least 10 seconds before it resets. Then go through the setup process.

Let me know if you still get motion notifications / recorded video from your working cameras as that still seems broken to me.