Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Clownhair
Follower
Follower

Greetings

I'm interested in buying this system because it fulfils almost all of my requirements. However on the homepage of this product it says that the product has a siren built in (http://prnt.sc/d96c6e) but the title (24/7 storage) doesn't really correspond with the content (siren) and I can't find any other referrence of this siren on any other page including the datasheet (here).

So my questions are:

- Does the Arlo Q Plus have a 100 db Siren built in?

- Can i set it up so this siren AUTOMATICALLY turns on when movement is detected in an activity zone?

- Will the siren make noise until i turn off via the portal/app or does it just ring for 1-2 min or are both available?

- Advanced: Is there a feature where i get a notification of movement and if i don't respond to it in the first 2 mins, the siren then goes off (false alarm, unexpected but wanted visitor)?

Thanks in advance for any given information

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

- Does the Arlo Q Plus have a 100 db Siren built in?

No, the siren is built into the PRO model Base

- Can i set it up so this siren AUTOMATICALLY turns on when movement is detected in an activity zone?

DON'T believe the siren will actually function wit the Q as the Q isn't synced to the base ( just like local record is ONLY by cameras synced to the base )

- Will the siren make noise until i turn off via the portal/app or does it just ring for 1-2 min or are both available?

You can have the siren sound till manually turned off OR set a time duration ( and volume ) for how long you want it to play ( 1, 3, or 5 mins on PC , apps a bit different... 0( < a sec), 1,3,5 or non-stop )

- Advanced: Is there a feature where i get a notification of movement and if i don't respond to it in the first 2 mins, the siren then goes off (false alarm, unexpected but wanted visitor)?

Don't think so

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
enewbold
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I get the siren duration be be LESS than one minute? The slider in the PC application only goes down to 1 minute.  THanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe that's all you can do other than to manually stop the siren.

Marose52
Tutor
Tutor

if i knew that the arlo q couldn't turn on the base station alarm i would not have purchase it..its illogical to not have that ability,or just  stupid!     are they working on this???   why have a indoor camera and not have it have the ability to turn on the alarm,if your sleeping and some one comes into the house wouldn't be nice if the alarm went off???   got to wonder whos running the show?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the Q doesn't connect in any way to the base, how on earth could it trigger the base siren?

DOP
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Since the Q doesn't connect in any way to the base, how on earth could it trigger the base siren?

Since the Arlo Pro is on internet, and I can disarm the system simply by asking my Google Home via voice control, why wouldn't Arlo Q find a way to command the damn siren to go off, even if this would require the signal to go in an interplanetary space and come back to the base. Why would Arlo think about interfacing the system with IFTTT if it cannot interface it with just another product of theirs.

Makes sense?

Chenit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Strangely though, if you use Automations via Samsung Connect then the Q can be set to trigger the alarm when motion is detected... but for some reason I just can't get this working with IFTTT :-s
Gerard999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently purchased the Arlo Pro2 system and wish to install the siren unit in a not easely accessible location, a) to get better sound reach b) to avoid the would-be intruder from interrupting the alarm .

I have not found any way to cancel the alarm sounding from the APP, other then waiting for the end of the selected duration  Perhaps I have missed it, thanks for guiding me, or else may this post serve as a suggestion for future development .

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean canceling after a mode sets it off or when manually triggering it? I haven't tried it but can you pull down the alarm drawer in the Devices tab and use that? I suppose you may need to use it to turn the siren on (even if it's already on) and then turn it off?  I don't use the siren so am just swinging wildly here.