Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
OskarA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to add a 3rd Arlo Q Plus to my system when powered by PoE cable from the same switch as my other two. it comes up with the LED solid amber (booting) and then going over to blinking amber. But when Iscan for it to be added to my network, nothing happens and it is not discovered.

I tried pushing the reset button and factory reset it, which didn't help either.

Any idea, anyone? 

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this a fast blinking Amber or a slow blinking Amber?

OskarA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did more tests today. I had another camera that was also brand new and tested it.

this one had a slower blinking pattern and connected to the same Ethernet cable came up as described in the manual and got detected within 5sec and was added to my account.

then I connected the failing camera to another Ethernet cable again from the same switch and noticed that the blinking pattern was different. it was faster. looking at the manual, it says that it is waiting for the wireless network. so it looks like it does not realize that it has an ethernet connection and still wants wireless. I also heard a relay inside the camera that clicked several times.

I think this is faulty. How do I return this, i.e RMA?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Fastest to swap at the store. Otherwise open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Wayne72
Apprentice
Apprentice

@OskarA wrote:

I also heard a relay inside the camera that clicked several times.

I think this is faulty. How do I return this, i.e RMA?  

The clicking is the infrared filter changing. If you use the APP or portal to request a camera reboot you will also hear this clicking.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation