Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus POE AND USB Power Question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
privacy2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Initial setup was with WIFI, no problems.  Decided to change from WIFI to wired connection.  Connected camera to ethernet, POE adapter connected to router, and connected USB cable from POE adapter to USB power adapter, to wall outlet.  Reset camera, setup recognized camera and all working including email notifications.  But soon after the camera was offline for a short period, no connection to ethernet, and this happens periodically.  This did not happen with WIFI connection.  I noticed in the user manual, when the ethernet is connect to a switch, the power adapter is not neccessary.  I have a switch available to connect to, instead of the router.  Should I change the ethernet from the router to the switch, and then remove the USB power adapter?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

privacy2,

This will only work if the switch you are using supports power over ethernet.

It sounds like this could be a display issue, what is the LED behavior on the camera when it shows as offline? Do you have to do anything special to bring the camera back online or does it come back online by itself?

JamesC

privacy2
Aspirant
Aspirant

It comes back online by itself within a short time, a few minutes I think.  I will look at LED next time it happens.  Thanks for the info regarding switch.  When I have time I will try to replicate and let you know, otherwise great indoor cam.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation