Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
kouzman
Follower
Follower

So i already have the Arlo system with 5 wireless cameras and the free storage plan and i just got me an Arlo Q Plus because i want the CVR feature for 24/7 recording.

Steps to connect the camera are simple. I sync it, i buy the CVR plan, i insert and format my sd card and i am ready to go.

- What is the average daily data usage that i should expect using the CVR mode?

- Is the CVR feature a big burden on my bandwidth? I have a 75MBit FIOS connection.

I will be using the camera for exterior shots but from inside the house to protect it from the elements. And i know that the night mode will not be used since the infared lights glare on the glass. I will be relying on the existing outdoor lighting, which is good enough.

Any ideas on the data usage and possible bandwidth issues?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Video data on the Q cameras can peak at 1.5Mbs , see chart...

arloQ bandwth.jpg

In normal use, IIRR, 10 secs just about 1mb ...you can do the math for all day. 🙂

2) No... I have 30u/10d and never had a problem with the cvr and other normal streaming

3) I use mine thru andersen double pane glass and it works fine, just place it right up against the glasss and sometimes watch the backscatter of light from inside the room ( mine is covered by light shear curtains )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation