Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Accidental removal of one Arlo Q / Effect on live feed of another Arlo Q / CVR Camera Assignment

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Flicker6
Guide
Guide

I have 4 ARLO Q's at a remote location and I regularly restart them.  A few days back I removed "Camera A" instead of restarting it.  I then observed that the live feed on "Camera B" could no longer stream to any browser, or my iPhone, or my Fire Tablet.  I have restarted it repeatedly and even had someone go to the location and pull the plug on it but it still won't stream, won't detect motion etc...

I am wondering if somewhere, behind the scenes, the two devices are associated with each other.  The reason I think this is because of the challenges I have had with assigning cameras to CVR.    I initially subscribed "Camera A" to CVR.  I later subscribed "Camera B".   At some point I wanted to move CVR from "Camera B" to "Camera C" but I was prevented from doing so.  I also tried to move CVR to "Camera D" and was also prevented from doing so.  It seems I was restricted to CVR on only Camera A and B (the two cameras I initially signed up for CVR).  

Then suddenly one day a few months back I had CVR on all four cameras but I was only paying for 2 cameras, lucky me!  But all good things must come to an end because when my live stream broke on "Camera B" I went to "Manage Camera Status" and inactivated it and when I reactivated it the CVR on "Camera B" was no more and it still won't live stream to any browser or device.

It will be a few weeks before I will be able to do a hard reset on "Camera A" and I sure am curious if "Camera B" will start streaming again when I do.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Flicker6

I would suggest contacting customer support when you are able to troubleshoot with these cameras. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Flicker6
Guide
Guide

Contact support?  That's funny.  Based on past experience I would prefer not to waste my time.  I have found the ARLO user community to be much more helpful than tech support.

Flicker6
Guide
Guide

Anybody able to recover from this condition or is the camera toast? Removed it, tried paperclip reset, it won't respond.   1yr 3 months old.  Boooooooo

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation