Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

wireless camera wont sync

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
jaws4337
Follower
Follower

just bought wont sync

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems that some camera/battery combinations need a bit of an extra push to make sure the battery is fully seated.  Have you tried that?  Have you swapped batteries around and tried just the power supply to see if the camera works in the first place?  If it fails everything, swap at the store or open a case using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most common issue is holding the base sync button to long...do a quick push on the base sync button and then a sec or so later push the camera button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Rcurrey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought one of four cameras wont sync dont get a blue light at all tried charging and syncing many times other three cameras no problem?
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Try taking out battery and put back with a little push to get a good contact inside cameras circuitry.. see if it helps
Tomohio
Aspirant
Aspirant
You have to re enter the router as a device... I didn't realize router was a device when I first set it up and called first device that popped up as camera. Then I saw camera twice and deleted one, but both vanished... two hours later I figured out I had to reload the Arlo router as a device, then camera as device and perfect !!
waxhouse
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue. 1 out of 4 doesn't sync. I did take battery out and placed back in. Sealed shut. Still no light.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems that some camera/battery combinations need a bit of an extra push to make sure the battery is fully seated.  Have you tried that?  Have you swapped batteries around and tried just the power supply to see if the camera works in the first place?  If it fails everything, swap at the store or open a case using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Rcurrey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got it working while plugged in immediately said needed an update, did that recharged battery again snd so far all good, thanks
preciousocs
Aspirant
Aspirant

syncing while camera plugged into outlet worked. I thought something was wrong with camera at 1st. not sure why this is a problem with last camera. it seems to be a recurring theme after reading all of the remarks. Netgear I think you need to pay attention to the issues and look into changing your instructions in the packets.

thank you Rcurrey Aspirant

tmoore629
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem of syncing and this did the trick-Many thanks for this tip!