Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Samsung Edge won't open app

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
KylieCatterall
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have reinstalled the app several times and it won't open. Brings up a white screen and locks up My phone. Really not happy with this product as I can never open the app to use it! Help...
13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Home button, perhaps a couple of times.  There's an issue with certain devices and certain OSes that is causing this and use of the Home (or multitask) button usually allows the app to work.

KylieCatterall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope still won't allow the app to work. It completely freezes up the phone for several minutes.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
THAT I haven't seen. Try reinstalling the app and restarting the phone.
KylieCatterall
Aspirant
Aspirant

KylieCatterall
Aspirant
Aspirant
No tried all of that. Restart phone reinstall app still won't open for me
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You may need to factory reset the phone although I don't have a real reason to say that. This is a unique situation so pretty much everything is on the tab.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KylieCatterall,

What Android version is the phone running? Are there an OS updates available?

JamesC

Notrab
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have Android 7.1.2, but James, you should see the app ratings for this latest update. The app keeps looping as if it's trying to open, but never does. I have to go to the desktop to see my cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you check the other threads on this, you'll quickly see that uninstalling and reinstalling it will get you the previous version.  The faulty update has been pulled and the previous version reinstated.

Notrab
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I finally found a helpful thread regarding the issue.

Hopefully, no one reset their device based on this thread.

KylieCatterall
Aspirant
Aspirant
What was the helpful thread as I am still unable to use the stupid app. Does anyone from Arlo ever come onto these discussions? I don't want to factory reset my phone nor does it really matter what version of phone I am running. By the looks of it the latest app is crap is what I take from the comments. What a waste of money Arlo has been.....
Notrab
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't know where it is now, but the engineers rolled back the app. So the only way for it to work is to uninstall the current app and then redownload and install it from the Play store.

millinageorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Go to settings>apps. Select the app and tap on Force stop. Now uninstall the app. Again install the app. It will definitely work this time.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & regards,