Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

vmc4030 discharging fast i think

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lildaddy75249
Aspirant
Aspirant

i just charged my battery to my arlo pro to 100% 2hrs ago and now its at 98%  i have my cameras set to off by app so there is no recording going on.  my cameras are inside house no more than 50ft from base  no motion or night vision on.   battery drained  2%.  i jus replace the battery that in the camera now.  any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've had the batteries remain at 100% for some time (don't know how long). However, I'm not surprised that they would deplete some shortly after being charged. It's not like they're not totally off - they still need to maintain connection with the base. There could be a bit of a signal problem causing the cameras to have to work harder to maintain a connection. If it's only one camera, swap them around to see if it follows the camera or position. You might as well let them run for a while, too, to see if it was just an initial issue or continuing one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've had the batteries remain at 100% for some time (don't know how long). However, I'm not surprised that they would deplete some shortly after being charged. It's not like they're not totally off - they still need to maintain connection with the base. There could be a bit of a signal problem causing the cameras to have to work harder to maintain a connection. If it's only one camera, swap them around to see if it follows the camera or position. You might as well let them run for a while, too, to see if it was just an initial issue or continuing one.
lildaddy75249
Aspirant
Aspirant

will do thx