Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 40 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
bambaveira
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the system for a week and have had multiple issues, on both the Armed and custom mode: 

1) lost the ability to "save" after I tried to change -then do the following- Record video 

2) rules keep on resetting to "do nothing" after motion is detected at random times, have not found out a trigger or cause

3) receive notifications about motion but cannot find video 

4) "turn on siren" sometimes desapperars as an option in rules

these are happening to multiple cameras.

Iphone 6s: iOS 10.1

Camera firmware: 1.089.0.0_9605

Camera Hardware H7

hub hardware: VMB4000r3

firmware 1.8.2_93222

Signal to all devices: excellent 

Setting: outdoor 

Weather: 79F-90F

direct sunlight: No

number or cameras: 4 

******* will return devices if no solution is found, spent 700 on this POS *** any recommnendation on alternative? 

40 REPLIES 40
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Slider greyed out 10-120 sec setting are bricked randomly
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Now it doesn't record video any more edit rule no pencil now system totally bricked.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What have you tried? We can't help without details.
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I exchanged messages with Netgear on this topic (my open case on this) today.

I can see the slider on rules that I've touched with a browser UI, but I have two rules that I deliberately created on my iPad and never touched via the browser UI.  These two rules show the "pencil" but do not allow any changes to the slider.  

Today, I checked my other rules and found that most of them had reset back to 10 seconds with no actions on my part.  They are set to record, so at least they do that.  I assume this might happen with Netgear releases a new version of the app, but that is pure speculation on my part.  I set them all back where I want them and I'll monitor them over a few days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I've never had rules reset with updates. It may be best to bite the bullet and reset the system. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Power cycle the base and open and close all battery doors. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Start fresh.
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Might be good for PCUser12345 to try.

for me personally, I have a mix of 15 Standard, Pro, Q and Q-Plus cameras and three base stations on my primary Arlo account and a base station and three Pro cameras on a different account.  My two most populated base stations have exhibited the reset problem and two of my Pro cameras have the stuck slider problem...that I intentially have left stuck rather than using the browser GUI workaround.  The Pro installation is just a few month old.  The standard Arlo's have been deployed since the summer of 2015.

I'm hoping the Arlo team can figure out what their problem is (or problems are) for the good of the Arlo ecosystem over time.  Personally, I'll be replacing many of mine with a POE Axis system next spring.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app has been release for iOS (2.3.2). Please visit the app store and download the update. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

bmw3369
Guide
Guide

Thank you for that information. It was responding correctly the last couple of days and then today the problem started again. I checked and I did have the 2.3.1 version so I just deleted that and am installing the updated version. Hope it works!

AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

A new version of the Arlo mobile app has been release for iOS (2.3.2). Please visit the app store and download the update. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

My two problematic rules still exhibit stuck sliders.  I updated to 2.3.2, opened the new app and even closed it completely with the upward flick of the app to be sure, I'm got a fresh start.  I also toggled to "do nothing" saved the rule and then edited it back to "record video", but the soldier was still inoperable on the two rules that I dreaded using the iOS app and have never touched via the browser UI.

on the bright side, my other rules stays set up as I had them set previously and did not reset back to 10s as it appears they have in the past at various times.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AncientGeekVT,

I have tested this and I am not able to replicate the issue you describe. when adjusting recording length in the iOS app, you must press, hold and drag the slider to adjust the recording length.

Could you provide a screenshot of the issue?

JamesC

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

JamesC wrote:

AncientGeekVT,

I have tested this and I am not able to replicate the issue you describe. when adjusting recording length in the iOS app, you must press, hold and drag the slider to adjust the recording length.

Could you provide a screenshot of the issue?

JamesC

Here is a screen shot.  This condition is only on two of my Arlo Pro cameras.  I set these cameras up with my iPad originally and I have not touched these rules with any other user interface.  In my experience, if I touch the rules with the browser UI, they will work properly there and on my iPad from that point forward.  I intentially left these two rules as "virgin" iOS rules so we could debug the issue.

IMG_2134.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Is the firmware up to date on all cameras? I now see 5 seconds as the minimum time which may be an indicator.
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

jguerdat wrote:
Is the firmware up to date on all cameras? I now see 5 seconds as the minimum time which may be an indicator.

The app reports all of my cameras and base stations as being up to date on firmware.  My Pro cameras are at 1.090.0.0_9945 and my Pro base station is at 1.8.2.4_10232.

While looking at these I tried created a new rule to see if 5s would show up, but new rules also show up with a 10s mimimum recording time.  I am using the iOS app on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s.

An interesting second finding is that the mode containing these two malfunctioning rules also is missing the "add rule" and "delete" bars at the bottom of my "Armed" mode screen.  I have a new mode screen that I created which properly displays both of those function bars at the borttom of the screen.  I suspect I could create a new mode and ignore the original "Armed" mode completely....and that would solve this problem.  However, my goal isn't in solving the problem for me, it is in finding the root cause so as to eliminate whatever flaky code is causing this problem for me and others.

ArloMissingModeFunctions.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If it's the Armed mode that has issues, the only solution is to reset the base. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. It sounds like the mode got hammered for whatever reason and needs to be rebuilt which is what the reset will do. PITA but it works.
AncientGeekVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

For me it is just easier to use the new mode that I created and use that in lieu of the "Armed" mode.  I have Geofencing setup and use it to Arm when we are away and use a schedule when I'm there to turn the interior cameras off and the exterior cameras on and off at various times of the day and night.