Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
SirV
Star
Star

Keep getting the message on the website ""You have been logged out because you signed in on another device" when the app on my other device is close.

Very very annoying. Clearly a bug so please fix it

Sierra 10.12.3 and Safari 10.0.3 but also the same in whatever the latest Chrome is.

But why can't I just be logged in in two places?

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're seeing proper operation, not a bug.  Using the master account, you can only view on one device at a time - the first one will be logged out. A second tab in your browser will do the same thing.

If you really want to use multiple devices at the same time, use Settings, Grant Access to a second email address.  Assign additional privileges as desired. It's not quite the same as using the master account but it's close.

SirV
Star
Star

No you are not understanding.

I'm not logged into any other devices, only the website and only one tab but keep getting logged out with this silly message.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In your first post you said, "But why can't I just be logged in in two places?"  That's different from only using one device.

So, you're using a browser, using only one tab to log in. I've had this happen on rare occasions but logging back in clears it.  I don't know what causes it - could be some sort of timing thing between prior use of another device (or browser) and the current login.  In any case, it shouldn't happen on a continuous basis.  If it does, open a case with support because it's not proper operation.

I suppose refreshing your page and/or reopenint the browser may (or may not) help.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I see it every now and then , tho my messg is in French last time..

Don't think its any hacking, really more of a cache , timing issue too.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yeah, I just had a French one, too. Previous ones were in English, German and possibly Chinese.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
it does it to me ransomly hope not CIA hack my accoount spy on us
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

pcuser12345 wrote:
it does it to me ransomly hope not CIA hack my accoount spy on us

Na... they don't need no stinkin' Login ! 

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
CIA already hax samsung smart TV also they listen even TV off weeping Angel
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

pcuser12345 wrote:
CIA already hax samsung smart TV also they listen even TV off weeping Angel

Not really turn off, but in sleep mode....

And people buy alot of these open mic devices ( like echo, alexa ...etc ) do they know the internet is always listening?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SirV,

As mentioned, be sure you are not logged in on any other devices or within any other browser window. Are you still seeing this error message?

JamesC

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
only mobile havent log in the a browser it does it randomly
User_3654
Guide
Guide

I just got the "You have been logged out because you signed in on another device." message again for the 3rd time in 3 months, this time, as others here have reported....in French. Previous instances it was in English. I log in again, and have no problems getting in. 

My situation is similar to SirV. I was not logged into any devices. I am the only person who has access, no one has any granted access. Browser cache cleared and had this message appear on my Arlo app (Android). My PC was in sleep mode with the wireless card pulled off.

I created a ticket already and got the advice to clear the cache on my PC and re-install Arlo. But still had the same issue today. I called Netgear and referred them to check this thread as well. They said they will investigate this. I'll follow up later with them to see if there is an update. Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on the app.

Creepy huh?

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

JamesC wrote:

SirV,

As mentioned, be sure you are not logged in on any other devices or within any other browser window. Are you still seeing this error message?

JamesC

This happens (not very often) to many others as well, unexplainably even when not signed in or connected with any other devices. I get it once in a while and have no idea why it happens.

Paul

User_3654
Guide
Guide

I'm still working with Tech Support on the issue. I even went to the extreme (this was my idea) to reset my phone and installed all the apps again. I also have my PC browsers to clear all browsing data after closing it.

However, today, while I was making some changes to the Video Settings to adjust the camera zoom for one of the cameras, I got logged out again while I was waiting to see what the live view looked like 😕  This time the message was in english....and I changed my password again. As before, these events only happened when using my phone. 

Hopefully, I'll get some feedback from Arlo very soon. Hopefully this is just a glitch.