Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Brad373
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got this Arlo Pro camera system along with a house we just bought - no way to contact the previous owners. I have reset the base and the cameras, updated firmware on all, created an Arlo account, but I get this message when trying to add the cameras:

"This device is inactive. A paid Arlo Smart subscription is required."

There is a long list of people with the same problem back in 2020, but there don't seem to be any answers to the problem. I can't access support because I don't have a subscription and I can't get a subscription because that option doesn't work on the app or online. Has anyone had a successful solution to this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Brad373,

How many cameras do you have on your account? Can you show a screenshot where it shows you're receiving this error message?

Brad373
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently been able to contact the previous owner and she said she has removed all devices from her account. I have a base station and two cameras. Here is a screen shot showing the message I get with each camera when I try to add it.

arlo2.png
Brad373
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is another screenshot showing my account after adding the two cameras.

arlo1.png
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing those screenshots. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.