Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
miseristudent
Aspirant
Aspirant

my power blinked off and on and now my base is not connected,  I have tried everything I know,  turned everything off and on, moved cords around and even tried to set back to factory settings and still nothing works.  I cant get it to connect.  what are my options?  All my lights are green on the basethe internet light does flash on and off every so often but not constantly.  

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It could be something simple like the router modem needs power cycling. Try that first, wait for the router modem reboot to complete then power cycle the base again.

The base showing intermittent activity on the internet LEDs is normal operation.

You can also login to the arlo web page my.arlo.com and confirm the mobile app hasn’t got a problem.

miseristudent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Danny

thank you for your reply. I tried doing a power recycle twice with no results. 

At this time the only thing I have not done is get a new ethernet cable.  I really am just at a loss to what else the issue could be.

trhank you again 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you’re using the mobile app to access your cameras,

do you get push notification still if motion is triggered on the cameras, this depends on the base station being in armed mode when you lost connection.

How did you get on with using the web login?

miseristudent
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi Danny 

i am not using the app or my phone for any of the attempts to reinstall. I am using the myarlo.com and my laptop.  There are no notifications, they stopped when the base went offline after the power outage.

at this time the base has been removed from my device list so none of my cameras are showing on the app. 
it seems all my problems would be fixed if i could reinstall the base, but that is my problem, the base is not being recognized when I try to install. It’s a vicious circle.

i’m sure it is a small issue easily fixed for someone tech savvy, unfortunatly that is not me. 
At some point if i chose to keep this system i may be forced to subscribe just to talk to a human at arlo. 

thank you again for the assist 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All LEDs being green means you didn't actually reset the system. You have to hold the reset button until the LEDs start flashing amber.

In the future, a power glitch is known to cause problems with the base becoming ready before the router. The best way to resolve this would be to turn the router and base off and then turn the router back on. After the router has finished rebooting (usually about 2 minutes) you would then turn the base back on and all should be well.

miseristudent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you both for your help. 
my last try was successful!! 
my last question is do i have to keep the base connected by the ethernet?  Prior to this issue it was actually connected to wifi, but everything i have seen says the base has to have the ethernet connected. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The base station connection to the internet is via the Ethernet cable only. Normally plugging into the router.

You could extend the base location using a wifi extender with the Ethernet port capability.