Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 separate accounts, 3 Cameras Each, Can not get the accounts linked properly

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JPEND
Aspirant
Aspirant

I decided to eliminate paying for more than 5 cameras on one account so I created a second account and have a base station with 3 cameras on each account. I can not get the accounts linked so I can view all cameras from one account. I thought this was a valid solution. Am I wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JPEND wrote:

I decided to eliminate paying for more than 5 cameras on one account so I created a second account and have a base station with 3 cameras on each account. I can not get the accounts linked so I can view all cameras from one account. I thought this was a valid solution. Am I wrong?

It should still work, but of course when the EOL data is reached for your cameras you will need a subscription.

Have you tried clicking on "Create account" on a PC (and then logging into your account in the browser)?  That general works better than using the app.

JPEND
Aspirant
Aspirant

The accounts are linked now after upgrading, etc. I have to switch locations in settings to see the cameras for the linked account. I was under the impression I would be able to see all the cameras on the same screen and it appears that is not correct.

Jhallman
Star
Star

I had the same issue.  Purchased an original package with 4 cameras then picked up 4 more and a second base station.  I contacted Arlo and explained I would like to put all the cameras on one account (note I do not have a subscription).  Their solution was you need to setup a second account UNLESS you want to pay for a subscription in which case they have no problem putting all the cameras on one account.  It is obviously a simple switch in their hosting software but even though I paid for two base stations they wouldn't switch it on for me.  In hind sight that was a good indication of what was coming with their EOL policy for all of my cameras.  Count me in the group that will never purchase another ARLO product and I have to apologize to a bunch of friends that took my advice and purchased ARLO products over the past 5 years.