Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
shmirr
Aspirant
Aspirant

i couldnt find the answer, so i apologize in advance if someone had already answered. I have an arlo pro and am looking to purchase the arlo solor panel. it will obviously be plugged in outside. my question is will the camera be damaged my the elements if i have the charging plug cap open? im in san diego, ca...so it doesnt rain often, but we do get condensation up in the mountains 😉

please help! thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@shmirr

The plug fits very snugly inside the camera socket as Arlo has placed some rubber rings around the tip of the plug to prevent moisture getting in. I would also recommend leaving the connection at the solar panel end facing downwards to prevent any rain getting inside, although that plug is also a very snug fit. You should be fine placing the camera and solar panel outside in the elements.

Brian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@shmirr

The plug fits very snugly inside the camera socket as Arlo has placed some rubber rings around the tip of the plug to prevent moisture getting in. I would also recommend leaving the connection at the solar panel end facing downwards to prevent any rain getting inside, although that plug is also a very snug fit. You should be fine placing the camera and solar panel outside in the elements.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

+1

The big thing is to make absolutely sure that both ends of the cable are well and truly seated so the seals block moisture infiltration.