Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

new Pro cams / base motion sensing improved vs. original from side-to-side, but not depthwise

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cymoril
Follower
Follower

I have two brand new Arlo Pro cameras with the base that it came with, upgraded to the newest firmware. Compared to original Arlo, I find them way better in terms of not getting false positives, regardless of sensitivity settings. For example, on my original Arlos, if I cranked the sensitivity up enough for them to be useful, it had to be near 75%, but would then get triggered by blowing leaves, grass, sunlight creeping (!).

On the Pros, now that I've got them set to up near 95%, they manage to get most activity as soon as it enters the periphery of the camera lens and goes across their field of view from side to side (though it still looks like a person is materializing in the frame a decent amount of the time, they are near the edge, so that's good).

However, when motion occurs going towards or away from the camera, it doesn't do a very good job of triggering, and is very inconsistent. Is this typical Pro cam behavior?

thx arlo-ites!

1 REPLY 1
trayes77
Star
Star
Yes, it is recommended that the Arlo Pro be set up in a way to sense objects/people from an angle and not straight on. The camera senses motion at approximately 23ft. I found that I get consistent readings when my camera is placed at an angle on my front porch.