Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

need a rear battery door for an arlo pro camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Bdawg
Follower
Follower

Thought I'd like to get  some of my aggravation out , after attempting to  get parts from the useless support that Netgear offers. 

Online Comment

2018-08-30 12:17:51
I need a rear battery door for an arlo pro camera, the original door disintegrated when I applied locktite to the mount screw while replacing the camera on a newly purchased arlo pro out side mount. The door is now useless and so is the camera as I can't mount it with out the door. Calling support proved to be a waste of time as they tried to sell me a silicone camera cover - not what I needed. There must be parts available for these cameras. My first dealing with support is making me regret this decision already. I am willing to pay for the door, if need be, but phone support couldn't even find a contact for me to order the part. Very disappointed, please help

Online Comment

2018-10-06 05:35:09
Absolutely useless, can't send even a part or offer a repair service. When these end up needing batteries or anything else I'll be looking elsewhere for a solution, and that includes your networking products. Too interested in selling products then servicing those products. As a professional network engineer I won't be using any other netgear products ether- you call it support, but it definitely isn't.
3 REPLIES 3
ArloProOwner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jan 14, 2019 (USA)

Unfortunuately, the Arlo Pro/Pro2 RECHARGEABLE batteries do not last long either.  I have had my system for barely a year and have 10 cameras, and 4 of them in the last couple of weeks all decided they would no longer hold a charge for more than 20 hours.  Which I decided to then plug them in to an outlet with Arlo's weatherproof 8 foot OUTDOOR power adapter, and now those particular cameras come up randomly, yet consistently on a daily basis with the message:  "(!) Incompatible charger has been detected.  Connect a compatible Arlo charger.  For more info, see KB article for Charging Faults. [OK, got it]"       Go figure.  So my point is, soon you'll probably be purchasing $50.00 replacement batteries for all of your cameras.  

thez34
Aspirant
Aspirant
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would first wonder what is going on in general with my system. Li-ion batteries should last you 500 charging cycles or more before dropping off. Even then they will continue to perform, but time between needed charges will decrease. Having 40% of your batteries dropping off within a year is not ususal and not at all representative of the experience of the installed base of Arlo Pro and Pro2 systems. My system is a year old now, four cameras, still getting about two months (depending on location) of service between recharges, which I normally try to do at about 30 to 40%. Something may be depleting the batteries on those cameras way too quickly, rather than the batteries themselves being shot. I would be trouble shooting the system for other issues to make sure, since so many batteries depleting seems indicative of excessive drain and is definitely not a normal Arlo battery life cycle. 

Also, with all the other battery issues, are you running your hardwired cameras with or without the batteries in? I would leave them out to eliminate that as a cause of getting the warnings, if you have not already.