Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sugar50
Guide
Guide

This entire forum is just a feel good way for Arlo to make it look like they are trying to address issues. Why does it go all the way back to 2016? The “new” required Arlo app download is a total bust and is causing all the old issues when Arlo tried a firmware update awhile back. Why wasn’t the new app tried and tested before requiring your end users / (supposed) customers to download it and utilize it. My camera charge is draining at a ridiculous. The motion detection (set @ 20) if it does work is so slow I only get a shot of the persons leg or arm as the exit off my porch. Arlo spend the money and get some real programmers on this issue, your forum is nothing but smoke and mirrors to cover up the major screw up and issues going on!

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The motion detection (set @ 20) if it does work is so slow

Sounds real low, most cameras need to run about 90% , the default is 80.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sealsparky
Initiate
Initiate
I just put new batteries in a few days ago when I downloaded this new app and I've lowered my motion to 70 and it's eating my batteries. I'm not very happy now. Camera is located 50' from the street and every car going by is setting it off. But being set at 70 it will not "see" a person walking up my walk way from 12' away. To pick up motion for a person at that distance it needs to be at 80. Setting it at 80 now and my batteries will be depleted by tonight. The cameras sight runs almost parallel with the street. Very little amount of the view of the street. And it is mounted 90 deg. to walkway as is supposed to be. I've had these for over 2 years and it was a problem but after 100's of batteries and a lot of time I had it set properly. Now it's all wasted time and money.
Sugar50
Guide
Guide
If I set the motion sensitivity any higher the cameras will not activate. I barely get any people captured on camera. I have changed camera locations multiple times, still didn’t fix the issue. Before the required new App download I was able to keep them at 50. Now 20 and I am lucky if I catch a limb
Sugar50
Guide
Guide
In the Arlo Legacy App they used the standing figure and running figure to know where to set the sensitivity, in the new App you just have to wing it and hope it kicks on. When I do the motion detection test it gives me the orange light. When the system is actually armed, I am lucky if it goes off
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Sound detection should be in the camera rule(s) used by the mode.  So try editing the mode, and look there.

On motion detection, try using the motion detection test for troubleshooting that.