Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPhone XR app issues

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ds89
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just switched to an IPhone from Android. I am having issues with the notifications. I have it set to notify me of people only and I am getting notification for motion too. I have to go in every other day and turn the notifications for both on than turn motion off and leave the person on. Than it will work for a few days and stop.

Also I am having issues with the time in the bottom right corner it will say 2 hours ago but the picture it shows was just a minute ago. If you click the live feed it will change the time to a minute ago. But when you stop the live feed it goes back to 2 hours ago.

It seems like the arlo app is made for Android and not iPhones. I never had issues on Android.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Ds89,

For the notifications, have you tried to reboot your iPhone and see if the experience is still causing the problem?

And for the live feed problem, are you experiencing this problem when you are on WiFi or on cellular data?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Ds89
Aspirant
Aspirant
The live feed is slow and lagging really bad now along with all the other issues.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Ds89,

For the notifications, have you tried to reboot your iPhone and see if the experience is still causing the problem?

And for the live feed problem, are you experiencing this problem when you are on WiFi or on cellular data?

Ds89
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have rebooted my phone and does not fix the problem with the notifications.

The live feed will lag on both WiFi and cellular data but not all the time.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to turn off the notifications for both for a few minutes and enable the notification again and try to monitor for a few days to see if you are having the problem.

If you are experiencing some live feed lag more frequent, try to reinstall the app and see if that resolves the lag issue.

Ds89
Aspirant
Aspirant
That worked and Everything is back to normal except my indoor camera. That I have no battery in just plugged in. It will stop recording and when I click on live feed it says base station error 1. I turn the camera off and on. It will start working again. The first time it did it I had to put the battery back in it to get it to work again. Any reason this just now starting to not work?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What camera are you using? Have you tried to remove the battery and put it back in?

Ds89
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro is the camera. In the app there is the smart notifications and I only have people or other. I currently only have people selected. But I get notifications for animals and vehicles even though I only want people notifications. But the options to turn those off are on the web version so I can turn them off now. Will there be an option for the iOS app soon?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure to download the latest app version, which is 2.6.2, and see if you should be able to toggle the animals and vehicles notification off through your iPhone.

Ds89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you and that worked now i can do that from my iphone. I am glad it updated to what Android was like.