Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
matttisdale
Star
Star
My Arlo app icon on iOS used to show the number of new videos recorded since the last time I checked. For the past month (maybe slightly longer) the number just keeps getting higher. Just a few minutes ago my app icon showed 210 new alerts (videos). I opened the app and went to the library to see the videos. There were only a few I had not seen before. Then the app icon showed no alerts (number). I walked outside to motion trigger a camera. Now the app icon shows 211 new alerts. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a fix? I am running the latest app version (2.4.5).
13 REPLIES 13
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you on a shared system where you've been granted access or have granted access to someone else?

matttisdale
Star
Star
I was, but no longer am. A family member temporarily granted me shared access to their system so I could help with their setup. I no longer have access to their system and none of their devices show up in my list. I have never shred mine with anyone else.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

matttisdale,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update with more information as soon as I can.

JamesC

matttisdale
Star
Star
I am just checking to see if there is an update. I have not heard anything in over a week. Thank you!
matttisdale
Star
Star
Just checking status again. It has been another week and a half with zero communication from Arlo.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

matttisdale,

A new version of the iOS mobile app was released late last week. Please update to the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

matttisdale
Star
Star
Thank you! I just updated the app and will monitor over the next day.
matttisdale
Star
Star
The latest update did not resolve the issue.
matttisdale
Star
Star
Does anyone know if there is a better way to get support from Arlo? I am not getting any help with this issue and it is making me want to sell my Arlo cameras and change to a different vendor.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

matttisdale,

There is a new version of the iOS Arlo Mobile app available in the app store.  Please make sure your Arlo Mobile app is updated to the latest version.

Do you still experience this issue after this most recent update?

Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.8 - 30th March 2018

JamesC

Lukejamison_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have have the latest app version and iam experiencing this issue and no one has been able to help. Any suggestions?

Lukejamison_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just about a month ago and still no response! just updated to ios version 2.5.0 and still experiencing the issue. 

Palala7
Tutor
Tutor

Not sure if you fixed your problem already. You posted this back in February of this year, and I too had the same issue recently. I had to do my own sleuthing/troubleshooting, and I actually managed to resolve the probelm for myself. I created instructions and am going to post links here in case you may need them, and for anyone else that stumbles onto your page.

Tite to search for in case the link doesn't work: Solved: iOS Arlo app badge icon number increasing and unable to clear or reset

Link: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Solved-iOS-Arlo-app-badge-icon-number-increasing-and-unabl...